In today’s technological world, social media platforms dominate the internet and Instagram is the biggest photo sharing platform around. Businesses can benefit from posting on Instagram because it gives users a visual idea of what they do and the products they sell. The biggest issue businesses have is finding the best time to post on Instagram to get the most views. There’s no right answer, so understanding how Instagram works is key to knowing when your market is most active, and making sense of the platform‘s algorithm.
Recent research has shown that only 10% of users see your posts, so it’s essential to understand the algorithm to outsmart it. The algorithm is based on user engagement, so the more likes and comments your posts get, the higher your posts will rank. There are a number of things you can do, including communicating with your users, and utilising Instagram Stories. Time is of the essence and the longer users spend looking at your post, the more it will be shown. Every business should have the goal of getting to the top of a users feed. So when’s the best time to post on Instagram? Here’s how to find out.
Follow the Basic Rules
It doesn’t matter where your business is located; it matters where your biggest market is. If you live in LA but your biggest user base is in New York, then you should post according to their EST. The same goes for global businesses, especially ones with a large UK following. Scheduling a post to appear at midnight means people in the UK are most likely to see it on their daily commute.
Users are most active during lunch hours and evenings, so schedule your posts to appear around these times and you’ll get more engagement. The best part about Instagram is you can write your posts and choose which time they go live, so use this tool to your advantage.
Calculate Your Best Time to Post
Instagram has some great tools at your disposal, including Native Analytics. If you have a business profile, you can access it for free. It enables you to gain insights into where your users are, their age, gender and when they use Instagram. The tools also show you data on the countries and cities you have the most users. It’s great to have this information, because not only can you schedule posts according to the best time zone, you can also post when your biggest age group is likely to be active.
If you prefer doing your own calculations, then you can use a spreadsheet to track the likes and comments each post gets.
Use Global Statistics
If you’re not ready to delve into the complex world of analytics, then global statistics can give you a general idea of when to post on Instagram. Here’s what you need to know:
● Lazy Sundays aren’t the best time to post on Instagram. Studies have shown that users are most active on weekdays, especially Wednesday and Thursday.
● People often check their phones when they wake up, so posting between 5 a.m. – 7 a.m. CDT will get you more views.
● Saturday lunchtimes are usually busy on Instagram as people are with friends and likely to use it more.
● If you’re not posting for a specific audience, then post when users are consistently engaging with Instagram.
Post for Your Business Type
Technological, educational, B2C and Healthcare companies should post for their niche audience. Here’s when your market is most active:
● Tuesday is the best day to post
● For consistent engagement post between 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday to Friday
● Avoid Saturdays and Sundays
● Thursday is the best day to post
● Users are engaged between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday to Friday
● Avoid Sundays
● Monday is the best day to post
● Users are most active between 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekdays
● Sunday is the worst day to post
● Wednesday is the best day to post
● Users are engaged every day from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
● Monday is the worst day to post
By using these tips, you’ll get more views on Instagram and improve your company profile. User engagement is essential for building a successful company and attracting customers.